Teacher Education Forum of Aotearoa New Zealand (TEFANZ) was officially launched on 12 July 1999 as the national voice for teacher education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
TEFANZ members represent New Zealand providers who offer teacher education programmes at degree or graduate level. The current host institution for TEFANZ is the University of Waikato, for the years 2014-2017 inclusive.
The purpose of the TEFANZ is
- to promote the development of research-informed programmes of teacher education,
- to promote teaching as a graduate profession,
- to develop partnerships within the teaching profession and with the education community, and
- to promote the means to implement its commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
The association aims to provide a national voice for teacher education issues in the political and policy arena by regularly consulting with the Ministry of Education and government agencies. Another stated aim is to improve the public perception of teacher education and the education profession. TEFANZ does not represent the institutional interests of its members but is instead focused on issues of quality in teacher education, with the intention of speaking on behalf of important professional and research-informed issues in education.
- Beverley Cooper University of Waikato, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Robin Averill, Victoria University of Wellington, Robin.Averill@vuw.ac.n
- Associate Professor Fiona Ell, email@example.com
- Professor Letitia Fickell , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Alex Gunn, Otago University, email@example.com
- Dr. Sally Hansen, Massey University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Hooker, Wintec, Tracey.Hooker@wintec.ac.nz
- Bev Norsworthy – Bethlehem Institute, email@example.com
2018 TEFANZ Conference
- ATEA will host the inaugural joint TEFANZ/ATEA biennial conference
2017 TEFANZ Forum
- Victoria University Wellington hosted the 2017 TEFANZ Forum
2016 TEFANZ Conference
- Otago University is hosted the 2016 Tefanz Conference July 2016.
2015 TEFANZ Forum
- AUT hosted the 2015 Tefanz Forum August 2014.
2014 TEFANZ Conference
- WINTEC hosted the 2014 Tefanz Conference July 2014.
2012 TEFANZ Conference
- Massey University College of Education hosted the 2012 TEFANZ Conference during 24-26 October on the Hokowhitu Campus, Palmerston North.
2011 TEFANZ Forum
- The 2011 Forum was hosted by the University of Otago on 7th & 8th July 2011.
2010 TEFANZ Conference
- The 2010 TEFANZ conference was in Auckland from Tuesday 26- Thursday 28th October. Dr Lexie Grudnoff of the Faculty of Education, University of Auckland, was the conference convenor. Professor Marilyn Cochran-Smith and Dr Hazel Hagger were the keynote speakers. See side bar for more detail.
2009 TEFANZ Forum
- The 2009 forum was held at Massey University on 16-17 July 2009.