Spicing up Teacher Education
Spaces, places, innovations and connections
TEFANZ CONFERENCE 2014
8th – 10th July
The 2014 TEFANZ Conference will be held at Wintec’s city campus from Wednesday the 8th of July until Friday the 10th of July, 2014.
The conference theme is focusing on the future directions of Teacher Education in Aotearoa New Zealand. The 2014 Conference will once again provide an opportunity for the sharing of ideas, presentation of research findings, and discussion of professional issues relevant to Initial Teacher Education across the early childhood, primary and secondary sectors.
On behalf of the organising committee and the TEFANZ executive, I have great pleasure in inviting you to submit one or more abstracts (for oral or poster presentation) in accordance with the instructions below. The Call for Papers closes on 13th December 2013.
I would like to thank you in advance for your contribution to the 2014 TEFANZ Conference and look forward to receiving your abstract.
Organising Committee Chair
2014 TEFANZ Conference
Call for paper instructions
- Papers must be relevant to Initial Teacher Education across the early childhood, primary and secondary sectors.
- Abstract should be a maximum 500 words in length and should include:
- The full names, positions and institutions of all authors, indicating who will be presenting
- A description of the research, noting whether it is in progress or completed
- Indicate whether the abstract is for an oral paper presentation or a poster presentation
- Abstracts must be submitted in word or PDF format
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed
- Final due date for abstracts to be received is the 13th of December 2013
- All applications will receive notice of acceptance/decline by March 2014
- Email the abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Novotel Tainui Hamilton: A maximum of 80 rooms per night$179.00 room only$199.00 bed & breakfast for 1 guest$219.00 bed & breakfast for 2 guests
- Rooms are a mixture of 1x King bed or 2x DoublesIbis Tainui Hamilton: A maximum of 50 rooms per night$125.00 room only$145.00 bed & breakfast for 1 guest$165.00 bed & breakfast for 2 guestsRooms are either 1x King bed or 2x Single beds* All rates are nett (non commissionable) and include 15% GSTReservation information:Please see below the information for your guests to book online with the agreed conference rate for the TEFANZ conference in July 2014. The link for guests to use is:
When making the booking they can find the below on the left hand side of the screen.To enter the preferential code they will have to go to Additional search Criteria which you can see below
- The preferential code is : CONF1Guests can also contact our reservations department direct via my email or the hotel telephone number. As long as we are informed that they are booking for the TEFANZ conference we can offer the agreed rates direct here at the hotel.